Nature and Biodiversity in the Forêt de Soignes are again threatened at the level of the Espinette centrale
Protected by: EU Natura 2000, Belgian law since 1959 and situated in UNESCO buffer zone
We have received the judgment, pronounced on 10/6/2021, in the environmental procedure introduced at the end of January 2021 against the construction of a big concrete parking lot in the Forêt de Soignes, at Espinette centrale.
This judgment is implausible, the judge finally declaring himself incompetent in this case while such environmental protection action is provided for by the Belgian law.
It is a denial of justice and democracy which forces us to appeal.
Already the day after the judgment, yellow posters appeared in the Forêt de Soignes, announcing a public inquiry, concerning an application for a permit for the installation of a "café / restaurant / dancing" in the former dwellings of the forester.
The public inquiry runs from 7/10/2021 until 5/11/2021 inclusive and the documents in this case can be viewed on the Omgevingsloket (environment desk):
Such a project has clearly no place in a Natura 2000 protected area, classified by AR since 1959 and situated in a UNESCO buffer zone.
You can express your opposition to this permit request, BEFORE NOVEMBER 5, 2021
1.by signing the petition, attached:
• via the site of the Espinette centrale neighborhood committee: https://fr.comite-quartier-espinette.com/
• by hand, by returning the signed petition via the email address: email@example.com
2. by writing an opposition letter (mentioning the reference OMV_2021116178; a standard letter that you can modify is attached) to be sent to the municipal administration of Rhode St Genèse by 3 possible routes:
• via the Omgevingsloket (environment desk):
• via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by letter, to the Collège des Bourgmestre et Echevins, rue du Village, 46, 1640 Rhode Saint Genèse.
Your mobilization is very important and we thank you for disseminating and sharing, without delay, this, by email and / or via social networks, with all your contacts to increase the number of opponents.
In view of the procedure initiated and its extension on appeal, we are counting on your support to feed the "Forest of Soignes Crowdfunding", specially created for this purpose. As we have already pointed out, each contribution is important, whatever its height but, since the legal costs are high, we suggest to transfer an average amount of 50 euros to the account: BE96 0689 3956 8905 in mentioning "Crowdfunding Forêt de Soignes".
The preservation of the environment concerns us all and we cannot passively witness the destruction of nature and biodiversity in the Forêt de Soignes.
The Espinette Centrale neighborhood committee